Tuesday 23 August 2011

Bucket hat!

Spring is here and Maja needed a hat to cover her lovely head. We do have one that we got as a present but is pink and girly and you know how i feel about that so last night i started sewing one for her. Over at roubidou i found out that you could try this pattern out for free, its from the book Oliver + s, little things to sew. I have been reading a lot about this book and i have been wanting to try it out and now i got the chance. It was a great pattern and the instructions were super clear. I will do some changes to it tho. I feel that the brim is a bit short, especially in the back so i might make it a bit wider there. I'm also thinking about adding ties so that maybe it will stay on better. I am very happy with the result of this one, and its great that it is reversible so you can have different styles depending on the clothing you are wearing. The checked fabric is from a second hand men's shirt. I will make a whole summers outfit for her in the rest of the fabric.

pic16

No comments:

Post a Comment